Through 1 Quarter
The Denver Nuggets were expected to win this one, and so far that’s exactly how it’s playing out. They are way out in front after one quarter with a 44-22 lead over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Denver has been riding high on the performance of point guard Jamal Murray, who has 16 points and three assists in addition to two steals and two rebounds. Philadelphia hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to six points or fewer.
The Nuggets’ lead is the biggest they have had this year going into the second quarter.
Philadelphia @ Denver
Current Records: Philadelphia 32-14; Denver 28-18
What to Know
The Philadelphia 76ers will take on the Denver Nuggets at 9 p.m. ET Tuesday at Ball Arena after having had a few days off. Denver will be strutting in after a win while the Sixers will be stumbling in from a loss.
The 76ers came up short against the Los Angeles Clippers this past Saturday, falling 122-112. Philadelphia’s defeat came about despite a quality game from power forward Tobias Harris, who had 29 points and six assists in addition to seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, Denver made easy work of the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday and carried off a 126-102 victory. It was another big night for the Nuggets’ center Nikola Jokic, who almost posted a triple-double on 16 points, ten boards, and eight assists.
The Sixers are expected to lose this next one by 4.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 6-3 against the spread when expected to lose.
The 76ers are now 32-14 while Denver sits at 28-18. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Philadelphia have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 45.10%, which places them fourth in the league. But Denver comes into the contest boasting the second highest field goal percentage in the league at 48.80%. We’ll see which of these strengths — offense or defense — will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena — Denver, Colorado
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nuggets are a 4.5-point favorite against the 76ers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Denver have won six out of their last 11 games against Philadelphia.
- Jan 09, 2021 – Denver 115 vs. Philadelphia 103
- Dec 10, 2019 – Philadelphia 97 vs. Denver 92
- Nov 08, 2019 – Denver 100 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Feb 08, 2019 – Philadelphia 117 vs. Denver 110
- Jan 26, 2019 – Denver 126 vs. Philadelphia 110
- Mar 26, 2018 – Philadelphia 123 vs. Denver 104
- Dec 30, 2017 – Philadelphia 107 vs. Denver 102
- Dec 30, 2016 – Philadelphia 124 vs. Denver 122
- Dec 05, 2016 – Denver 106 vs. Philadelphia 98
- Mar 23, 2016 – Denver 104 vs. Philadelphia 103
- Dec 05, 2015 – Denver 108 vs. Philadelphia 105
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. LC is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…